What we do with the information we gather:
AFCC requires your information for the following reasons:
- To publish the AFCC online directory, which is password protected and accessible only to AFCC members.
- To publish electronic conference registration lists (excluding email addresses), which are distributed to conference registrants.
- To process orders, registrations and membership applications.
- To respond to member requests.
- For internal record keeping, such as accounts payable or credits.
- To improve our products and services.
- To communicate with you about AFCC activities, programs or products or other information that we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided. From time to time, these communications may include information about other organizations’ activities.
- From time to time AFCC may share your mailing address only with related organization so that AFCC members may receive conference brochures from these organizations. Related organizations include, but are not limited to, the Association for Conflict Resolution, the International Academy of Collaborative Professionals, and the National Association of Counsel for Children.
What we will not do with the information we gather
- AFCC will not release information to the public about an AFCC member or other person transacting business with the association except as required by law.
- AFCC will not rent, sell or share your information with the exception of sharing street addresses with related organizations, for purposes of mailing conference brochures, as noted above.
- AFCC will not send email messages to members or others for the sole purpose of promoting commercial ventures of other organizations including, but not limited to, conferences, training programs and publications.
AFCC is committed to ensuring that information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorized access or disclosure we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on a computer's hard drive. It does not give access to a hard drive. If accepted, the file is added and the cookie helps analyze web traffic or lets an individual know when a particular website is visited. Cookies allow web applications to respond to individuals. The web application can tailor its operations to individual needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information with regard to preferences.
AFCC uses traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used to assist in analyzing data about webpage traffic to improve AFCC’s website content in order meet the needs of members and other users. This information is only used for the purposes of statistical analysis. Once the analysis is complete the data is removed from the system.
An individual can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies. An individual may be able to modify a browser setting to decline cookies. However, this may prevent access to all of the information provided on the website.
Links to Other Websites
The AFCC website contains links to enable individuals to visit other websites of interest. AFCC does not have control over these websites. Therefore, AFCC is not responsible for the protection and privacy of any information provided by an individual whilst visiting such sites. Websites linked to the AFCC website are not governed by this privacy statement. Individuals should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Additional Protection of Information
In addition to the protections outlined in this policy, members may choose to restrict the collection or use of information. To do so please go to the AFCC website and log in to your member profile.
- AFCC members may opt out of the AFCC online directory entirely.
- AFCC members may choose to exclude their email address from the AFCC online directory.
- AFCC members may opt out of having their name and street address provided to related organizations for the purpose of receiving conference brochures.