1. Learning, learning, learning! I belong to AFCC because I want cutting-edge learning opportunities. AFCC offers
national, international and local programs that are extremely relevant to my daily work. Once you attend an AFCC
conference you become hooked on the high-quality learning opportunities!
2. Cutting edge research and knowledge. I appreciate getting to know and learning from the people who write
the books and articles. I look forward to reading the Family Court Review… it’s a treasure trove of the latest, greatest,
most relevant information! Belonging to AFCC enables me to be well informed about what is currently known, as well
as what is not yet known.
3. Innovative programs. From co-parent education, to parent coordination and elder coordination, to therapeutic
programs and court based services, AFCC is on the leading edge of innovative services and programs. No need to
reinvent the wheel if you are a member of AFCC! Resources and information about a wide range of interventions and
best practices are readily accessible to members.
4. Discourse and Debate. Bar none, AFCC is the best place to hear and engage in debate on the really difficult questions.
You hear multiple perspectives and can make up your own mind. AFCC never shies away from addressing the most
challenging issues in family law.
5. Colleagues and Friends. As a professional organization, AFCC has some of the friendliest people I have ever met!
You experience true collegiality without egos. I have made lifelong, wonderful friendships within AFCC…. this is what
happens when you bring people who are committed to excellence together.
6. Global and Diverse Perspectives. Being a member of AFCC helps me understand the perspectives of
professionals from various disciplines. I immensely value having access to international experts and being a part
of international collaboration.
7. A Multidisciplinary Home. AFCC is a multidisciplinary home for those who work at the interface of psychology,
family law, dispute resolution, and education. We are a diverse group, defined by our commitment to helping
children and families in conflict. I find membership in AFCC to be more relevant and valuable than my membership in
the association for my primary discipline!
8. Dedication to Excellence. No organization identifies and promotes best practices for working with families in conflict
better than AFCC. I belong to AFCC because it truly makes the world a little better place.
9. Discounts and Scholarships. Membership in AFCC is a bargain! The dues are extremely reasonable for what you
get. Member discounts and scholarships are just a few of the perks that come with membership.
10. Information at your fingertips. The AFCC website is the first place I go when I need information and resources. The
monthly AFCC eNEWS quickly updates me on the latest news and events, and alerts me to emerging issues and
innovations. Family Court Review articles back to 1963 can be accessed in a few clicks if you are a member. Belonging
to AFCC keeps me at the top of my professional game!